Monday, April 20, 2009

Eat. Pray. Love.

My favorite quotes from Eat. Pray. Love.


"He was like catnip and kryptonite to me"


"He was powerful and I died of love in his shadow."


"Italians will tolerate hideously incompetent generals, presidents, tyrants, professors, bureaucrats, journalists, and captains of industry, but will never tolerate incompetent opera singers, conductors, ballerinas, courtesans, actors, film directors, cooks, tailors..."In a world of disorder and disaster and fraud, sometimes only beauty can be trusted."


"You gotta stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone oughtta be."


"You can use this power -- pretty power! -- to get what you want in life."


"So what can we do about the craziness of the world? Nothing. This is nature of world. This is destiny. Worry about your craziness only - make you in peace."


"The universe is a circle. Heaven, you go up, through seven happy palces. Hell, you go down, through seven sad places. That is why it better for you to go up."


"Darling, I'm southern Brazilian. I can keep a broken heart going for ten years over a woman I never even kissed."

1 comment:

  1. Fun and insightful! hmmm...maybe, just maybe, I will break down and read it. ;)

    ReplyDelete